Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lost Postcards: To China


Lost Postcard: US-2574882

Card Mailed on or about: 2 January, 2014
Days Since Sent: 258 days
Sent to: Shanghai, China
Postcrossing User Sent to: axiu

I collect art cards and this was my last copy of the famous Seurat painting, Un dimanche après-midi à l'Île de la Grande Jatte – 1884 or, in English, A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte – 1884.  The rather large painting is housed at the Art Institute of Chicago and I had decided to mail this card off since I was sure (being one of the most famous paintings in the collection) I could easily replace it on my next trip to the Art Institute.

Sadly, when I did return, they had run out of this card (but assured me that they will get more in when they order more postcards.)  

The postcrossing user sees to have stopped logging in and the card possible was delivered but never registered on the website.  

This postcard is lost.  Please check your mailbox.




No comments:

Post a Comment