Wednesday, January 14, 2015

USA - Indiana


The Mechanical Engineering Building, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana

The postmark on this card is barely legible.  I can only make out that it was mailed in 1911, which would make this card 104 years old this year.  Interesting, this card includes a return address and was mailed by Lottie from 1014 Brown Street, in Lafayette, Indiana to a Miss Clyde Sink[?] of Kappa, Indiana.  Kappa is (or possibly more likely was) so small that I cannot find any record of it online.


In case you can't read that?  The message reads:

Dear Sister and All - We are all well and hope you all the same.  Donald and I are by ourselves this week.  Will is at Monticello to an[?] opening.  Donald and I are going over Thrusday and stay till sat. and come home with Will.  I have agot a cousin living over there and we are going there.  I want to go to Flora the first of April have not been home since Xmas.  Why don't [illegable] of you people come down?  I am coming up soon maybe.  Good Bye, Lottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment